Friday, December 07, 2007

Tag


My Sister-in-law tagged me a few weeks ago. I have been slow to respond, but I will now. Tiffany got tagged by one of her friends too, so look for her response soon.


Six things you may not know about me. . .

1) I hate chewing gum. For some reason it grosses me out beyond anything else. My disgust at gum comes from 20 years of bad experiences. I was always tall which made fitting your long legs under a school desk just a little bit of a tight fit. I often came in contact with the underside of the desk only to find a not so pleasant treat left there by a previous occupant. I also cringe when I see someone playing with their gum, twirling it around their finger, stringing it out, setting it on the corner of a table while they eat and then putting it back in, etc. YUCK!!!

2) I have moderately high cholesterol (Tiffany said this is a boring fact about me, but I'm a boring person, so I'm including it anyway). Well, at least I did in High School. I haven't had it checked since I was a junior. I often think that I should have it checked again, but I avoid it mainly so the result won't interfere with my ability to eat all the good foods I want. Which leads me into #3.

3) I love eggnog. I always know when grocery stores start carrying egg nog and when they quit (did you know you can get it until Easter). When I was younger and less restrained, I would occasionally find myself guzzling an entire quart of eggnog in one sitting. Partially because of #2, I now mix my eggnog with milk and restrain myself to the few days around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

4) I am a list person. Perhaps because I have such a bad memory that if I don't write it down on a list I will forget after about 3 seconds. In my experience there are two types of people, list people and brain people. Tiffany is a brain person. I don't know how she is able to keep everything straight, but she always seems to know where we are supposed to be and what we are supposed to do.

5) I have a recent fascination with trains. I like to watch them pass our house and look at all of the different freight cars. Last year I got to go inside an engine. Did you know that there is a toilet in a tiny closet in the very front of the engine. I guess everyone has to go sometime.

6) When I was in high school, I spent a day downtown Chicago with a friend. Some guy walked up to me on the street and started polishing my shoes. After he was done, he demanded that I pay him $3 per shoe. When we got home my friends mom said, "You are a nice guy and sometimes people take advantage of nice guys". Since then I have come to realize that what she meant to say was that "people pleasers" get taken advantage of. Although I hope to still be a nice guy, I am trying to eradicate my inherited people pleaser nature. It's not too easy.

I tag:

1) Rob (maybe you will actually do it if you get tagged enough times)
2) Greg B.
3) Janell
4) Tristen
5) Rissy Roo
6) Ben B.

7 comments:

Britt said...

I have something very important to tell you. You don't have a bad memory. I think one of your parents taught you to make lists. Just after "I love you" Trav has said, "You should make a list" more times than anything else to me. So don't feel bad you just come from a family of list makers. It's a good thing. Something else I should mention...I think I come from a family of exaggerators...it might be the third most frequent thing ha has said.

Janell said...

I too am a list-maker, dislike gum, and am an inherent people pleaser. But I don't like eggnog (or miracle whip). :o) I did a post very similar to this one on September 20 of our blog, so am I excused from the tagging?

Quinn said...

I suppose so.

Tristen said...

hmmm.... tagged. I do remember your eggnog fascination, I laughed when I saw it on your blog. Actually I laughed when I saw everything on your blog because some things never change!

Everybody said...

Oh Quinn, you are so funny. I didn't know about the gum.

Emy said...

Whoops I was still signed in under Monica from Rich's blog.....sorry

Aprilyn said...

Quinn, I never knew you like egg nog. I LOVE it too. I make lists and lose them. I am definitely a list person. I'll have to think about the exaggeration comment from Britt. She knows you guys pretty well. I only knew you when we were little kids. Even then, you were so much younger than me that all I really remember is you singing "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" with Emily and Stefanie.