Monday, January 05, 2009

The Perfect Gift

Clarissa got a play kitchen cabinet for Christmas. Inside all those packages are things to go with in her "kitchen" (dishes, glasses, silverware, food, and a table and chairs). The cabinet is one that I played with as a kid. It used to be stained dark brown and very "gently used". With the help of my friend, I undertook the project of doing a kitchen makeover. I wish I had the before pictures, but I was very pleased with the after.



Clarissa loves playing with her new kitchen.


Clarissa and mom sharing a bowl of homemade soup--Clarissa's specialty.


A better view of the side.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ellen said...

The kitchen cabinet is adorable! Good job!

Aprilyn said...

Great work Quinn. We used to have an old play kitchen too but I don't know where that ended up. Yours turned out so great. I'm glad Clarissa loves it.

Mama Williams said...

Nice refinish job! A play kitchen is a must for a little girl (and a dolly stroller). We got lots of use out of ours.

Janell said...

Wow, that looks fabulous Quinn! Great job! Our girls still love the kitchen set that Jeff made a couple of years back. It's funny though... recently we replaced our bathroom faucets, and Jeff installed one of the old ones (minus plumbing) into the kids' kitchen set so they could pretend to turn water on and off. All Sadie has to say about it is "Don't work, Daddy. Don't work."

The 3 Nomads said...

Great job on the kitchen! It looks like she loves it :)