Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Clue Cookies

Today Clarissa and I decided to make more cookies. I was in the mood for a really easy, yet delicious treat. I got this recipe years ago from my Grandma and they have been have family favorite ever since. My grandma called them "clue cookies". I'm not sure why that's the name of them, but that's what I usually call them to people that know what I'm talking about, otherwise, they are known as "cornflake cookies". I had a roommate in college that called them "tropical optionals" and that name is even more puzzling to me. If anyone has a better name, let me know and you will win a prize.



The Recipe:

1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
8 cups cornflakes

Put cornflakes in a large mixing bowl. Bring sugar and Karo syrup to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Pour mixture over cornflakes and stir until coated. Spread out on wax paper covered cookie sheet and allow to cool. I usually half the recipe for our family.



As we were making these today, once again Clarissa said we were making them for her friends. So I asked her which friends she wanted to take them to. "Cow friends" was her answer two different times. I'm not sure who these friends are, so, if it happens to be you, let me know and we will gladly deliver them to you. (You have to live within a 10 mile radius of our house, unless you are willing to pay for the travel expenses).
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bleen said...

Tiffany, I still really want your breakfast casserole recipe!! I love these little cooking parties you are having with Clarissa.

Rach

Anja said...

I make these too! We put ours in a pan though, like bars...but we don't have any fun name for them, just cereal bars, I like yours better!

Jackie said...

Umm... Moo?

Ashley said...

How about Corny Flaky Nutty Bars? :)