Sunday, February 08, 2009

DDD

On Friday, I got to go on a very special date. Clarissa was kind enough to accompany me to the city Daddy-Daughter Dance. We began our evening by dining at Steak and Shake. Clarissa got the mac and cheese and I got the bacon cheese burger. I guess I should have used the opportunity to teach Clarissa a cardinal dating rule--"don't order something that might be embarrasing to eat". She ended up spilling her mac and cheese all down her front.



We then proceeded to the city recreation center for a very festive dance. Like any good dance, there was punch and cake. We did some dancing and some hanging out at the refreshment table. We also got to make a crete paper flower. Clarissa had a great time dancing (she was really just jumping and running around, but she has better moves than I). Here you can see her doing the limbo.


It was a wonderful evening and so fun to spend it with my special girl. During one of the slow songs, Clarissa just put her head on my shoulder. It made me think how grown up she is getting and that unfortunatlely, it won't always be me she's dancing with. If we could only keep them young. The evening was complete with a balloon drop at the end.


Clarissa loved playing with the balloons. We got our picture taken underneath this balloon arch by the photographer, but I don't have a copy of the picture to post. I took this one of Clarissa though. We both had a really great time.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Aprilyn said...

That sounds like a fun evening. That's really neat that you got to go to a DDD. She's so cute.

ellen said...

She sure looks like Tiffany in that first picture (the one where you looked thrilled, Quinn!).

Judy said...

Quinn, you're such a great dad. You need to talk about this and look at the pictures often so that she will remember it.

David said...

How a fun night! Clarissa looks beautiful. Her hair has gotten so long.