Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentine's Day



For Valentine's Day, Quinn and I were going to make a nice dinner together, but since we have two kids and also wanted to go to our Stake's Gold and Green Ball, we wouldn't have eaten until 10 or later. So we decided to pick up Chinese take out and watch a movie, and just have a nice relaxing evening at home. As you can tell, we got a ton of food, I let Quinn do the ordering, and he wanted to try a bunch of things. The menu:

Eggrolls
Dumplings/Potstickers
Hot and Sour Soup
House Fried Rice
Chicken Chou Mein
General Tso's Chicken
Orange Chicken

Now, that's a lot of food, espcially since we tried a new place that was recommended to us and we really didn't like it. The fried rice had shrimp in it and smelled and tasted really fishy, we thought it was pretty disgusting, so we threw that out. That was the worst, everything else was about par, nothing was really great. I think we are going to stick to our favorite Chinese takeout place from now on, First Wok. Unless someone else highly recommends something else to us.

Even though the food wasn't great, we ended the meal with some delicious Fanny May chocolates that we gave to each other. Quinn felt bad that dinner didn't turn out, but it wasn't his fault that the food wasn't good. I really enjoyed spending time with my Valentine, and that's all that mattered to me. I love you Quinn.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Jackie said...

FYI, I haven't found a Chinese food place here that I like...

But that was a SWEET idea! Much better than what we did for each other :)