For April Fools day I wanted to do something fun for dinner. I got some ideas from my friend Jackie's blog last year, and thought I would try them out. She had one idea for doing meat loaf and mashed potatoes, but I didn't think Quinn would appreciate colored mashed potatoes. He hated it in college when his roommates would dye his milk different colors on April fools, or green on St. Patricks Day, so I chose another idea.

For dinner we had snails, lady bugs and ants on a log. Quinn wasn't too thrilled about this when he saw it. He thought it was fun, but it kind of grossed him out since earlier that day with work he had to do some work with mice. It probably would have done the same for me.
For dinner we had snails, lady bugs and ants on a log. Quinn wasn't too thrilled about this when he saw it. He thought it was fun, but it kind of grossed him out since earlier that day with work he had to do some work with mice. It probably would have done the same for me.
However, I did fool him with his juice, and he thought that was funny. I put red jello in his cup and let it set up. I poured a little juice on top to disguise it. He drank the juice and didn't even realize the jello until the next drink. I guess he was so distracted with the food and everything else. The juice and the jello weren't the exact color, but he wasn't paying attention, so it worked out. In this picture I think you can tell pretty easily that one cup is a little different.
Quinn, I promise not to do any more "creature" food for April fools. It was just fun to do something different to make my day a little more exciting.

5 comments:
Love the jello thing. At least you took into consideration his disdain for colored food and didn't offer that to him - so he can't be too upset.
how fun and creative! It is funny when you stay at home how fun something so simple can make your day.
Way to go! For the first time in many years I did not do an April Fools dinner - just a crazy week and a weak evening stomach I suppose :) It looks like it was worth it at least for a few laughs!
What fun ideas! I love the jello in the cup!! Thanks for sharing.
We do jello in glasses every year. It isn't a surprise anymore, but a fun tradition. We also do a funny foods dinner, but really end up with two dinners since the faux foods are often really desserts and I feel like my family needs more than sugar for dinner. Family Fun magazine has great ideas for the foods.
Post a Comment