Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Cakes

Last Friday we decorated Easter basket cakes with my friend KayLyn. One of my other friends was going to come, but last minute, she was unable to join us. Since I had already baked 3 cakes, we decorated them all.




Clarissa loved helping frost the cake, so I let her decorate her own cupcake. Her favorite part of the activity was eating the candy and frosting.




These are the 3 cakes, they all have green and purple icing, but all decorated differently.



For some reason this picture flipped back, but I still wanted to post it. Clarissa loved the cake, but of course, kept trying to pick it up by the handle.
Posted by Picasa

It had been a while since I had decorated a cake, so it was a lot of fun to do, especially with a friend. Thanks KayLyn for making it a fun morning. However, part of the cake is still sitting in our fridge. Quinn and I have discovered that we aren't big cake eaters, unless it's a really yummy special type of cake. Just a plain cake and frosting isn't all that enticing to us. Which is really ironic since I love decorating cakes. I guess I just need to decorate them for other people.

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

Those look great! You are so talented.

Wendy said...

Way cute! Too bad you don't live closer, I would come eat the cake. Yummm

Marjorie said...

So cute! I love the cakes. How did u do that?

Mama Williams said...

I love the cakes! You should start up your own little business someday.