Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Butterflies

Yesterday, Clarissa, Clayton, and I went for a walk, and Clarissa wanted to try to catch a butterfly. We had a nice walk, and many other kids admired her butterfly net, but we didn't even see a butterfly.


Today we went for another walk, and we walked out the door without her net. As soon as I locked up the house, I heard Clarissa's excitement as she watched a butterfly (moth) right outside. I went back inside and grabbed her net. She had a lot of fun trying to catch the butterfly, but no luck.

We walked out by our garden, and she still wanted a butterfly, but wasn't fast enough. She kept asking for my help.


So, after a few of her own attempts, I took the net and chased after a few, and finally caught a nice yellow moth.
I'm sure you can't really see it in the net, but she had a lot of fun holding it and watching it, then we let it fly away. Thanks Grandma Judy and Grandpa Randy for the butterfly net, we had a fun afternoon chasing butterflies.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: