A couple of weeks ago, Quinn made special pancakes for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Needless to say, Clarissa absolutely loved them. Since then, she continually asks for shape pancakes. I've decided to leave the special pancakes up to Daddy to do, it's his and Clarissa's special thing to do together. She has fun telling him what to make, and he tries his best at his pancake artwork.
This last Saturday, we decided to have them again. We started at 8 am, and thought we had plenty of time to make them, and get Quinn to work by nine that morning. We made a buttermilk pancake recipe from scratch that we have made dozens of times. For some reason, they were not cooking correctly. No matter how long Quinn cooked them for, they were still gooey inside, and a weird texture. We tried to thin the batter, thicken it, cook them longer, etc. etc., but nothing worked. I was about ready to give up and pull out the milk and cereal, but Clarissa had her heart set on "daddy's shape pancakes," and Quinn didn't want to disappoint his little girl.
So I made a quick trip to the store, and came back with our new best friend! These were the easiest pancakes to make, and within 10 minutes of bringing it home, Clarissa was happily eating Goofy, Mickey Mouse, the letter C, the letter H, a star, and the number 3. Unfortunately, Quinn didn't make it into work until 10:30, but we still had some fun family time.

1 comments:
Those are some pretty awesome pancakes! I'm really impressed. I have tried making cool shapes, but they never work out.
Post a Comment