Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Dear Bloggers,

As I sit here right now there are 125 unread blog posts in my google reader. This is despite a consistent effort over the past week to catch up on what you are all doing. Not to mention that only about 60% of my friends blogs even forward to my google reader. As such, I regret to inform you that I am officially giving up. Please don't take offense. I would like so much to keep up on all of your lives. Unfortunately, you are all way to busy and have way too interesting lives. I do promise to occasionally check in and see what's going on in your life, but please don't be surprised if in talking with me at some point in the future you realize that I am totally ignorant to some major life event that was diligently chronicled on your blog such as the birth of a child, graduating from school, or moving to a new location. This is not to say that I am not interested in the day to day of your life. I would be very grateful for a visit, phone call or an email periodically, but until then, best wishes and fond memories, until we meet again.


Sincerely,

Quinn

P.S. Tiffany will likely still be checking your blog regularly, so maybe I will know some important things if she tells them to me.

6 comments:

Janell said...

Quinn, this is just unacceptable. Now you will never hear about our broken down van or our plans to move to Bangladesh.

ellen said...

I won't even tell you how many blogs I have in my reader. Good thing you saw your nieces photos on my blog before your sabbatical started!

Rob said...

you mean you're gonna stop reading my blog??

Allison said...

That's ok Quinn, I won't take it personally :) Actually I was on Facebook and saw some pictures of you and your adorable family and thought "hmm, I wonder what Quinn is up to..." so I made my way over to your blog. Lives get so busy and there are so many ways to keep in touch with so many people that it's hard to keep up and keep track of it all!" I get overwhelmed too. Hope you're doing well and that school is going well! Your kids are absolutely adorable!

The 3 Nomads said...

Quinn I feel your pain. No sweat! We'll just call and leave long boring messages highlighting our life ;) We're excited to see you all in May.

Larissa said...

I feel almost as if I have been de-friended on Facebook! How could you?!?! Jk of course. I only update myself like once a year, so you are silly for thinking anyone will mind! :-)