Sunday, July 18, 2010

Clarissa Explains it all

Where we live we have a community play room that we enjoy going to, especially on really hot summer days. Clarissa found this random toy in there, I'm not even sure what it was, I think it was some sort of basket made out of fabric. She put it on her head and started riding this little bike around, and called it her bike helmet. I just thought she looked pretty cute.



The other day we were eating corn on the cob and when Clarissa finished eating her piece she exclaimed "I have corn bones in my teeth!"

While shopping at the grocery store yesterday I walked down an aisle and realized it wasn't the one I wanted, so I said to Clarissa "this isn't the right aisle." And Clarissa immediately responded by saying "is it the left aisle?"

Recently Clarissa has become very interested in the definition of words. She is always asking us what everything means.
"What does shin mean?"
"What does 'a lot' mean?"
"What does 'probably' mean?"
"What does 'maybe' mean?"

I love that she is very interested in the world around her and understanding everything, but sometimes it is really hard to explain what certain words mean to a 4 year old. We finally gave up when she asked us "what does 'what' mean?"


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Wendy said...

The left aisle - how cute!

Kurt and Katie Rowley said...

She is so cute! I LOVE the questions that kids ask!

David said...

You guys are coming to Philadelphia?! Awesome! But you couldn't have waited two more days until I was there :<? Good luck on your trip!

Judy said...

I just read this. You don't know what "what" means? Good thing Quinn is still in school. Hilarious!

Brekke said...

I used to watch that show! We're doing a similar thing around here, but mostly baby related.

Jenny said...

"I have corn bones in my teeth!" That's so great. Hey, Quinn and Tiffany -- please email me so I can get your email address. There's something I'm working on -- I want to send you something and propose something to you.

Thanks! jeanettegreen@gmail.com

Jenny