Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Clarissa Explains It All



Today I was talking to Clarissa about writing her letters and her name. She has improved a lot and I was so proud of her. It made me realize how fast she is growing up. I gave her a big hug and told her how proud I was of her, and then asked her this question:

Me: Can you stop growing up and just stay little forever?
Clarissa: No, I need to return to God!

I'm glad we have taught her well, and that as she progresses through this life, and grows older, she knows that she will someday return to live with God again. I'm glad she knows that, but I am just realizing how fleeting childhood is, and I'm trying to treasure the special times with her while she is young. As we continue on this journey in life, I hope she will always remember her end goal and always strive for that.

4 comments:

The 3 Nomads said...

How precious! What a little angel you have living with you. We miss you all so much!

Becca said...

That is so sweet. It is so true how fast time flies by. I can't believe these little babies we had when we met are starting kindergarten in the fall. Time goes so fast. How we need to treasure these times home with them.

Grandma Connie said...

I just love this picture of Clarissa. It is so her. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile. It brings such joy to my heart.

Michelle said...

How sweet!!