Monday, September 19, 2011

Clarissa Explains it All!



The other day we were at the grocery store and Clarissa said to me:
"When I'm a mom, I'm going to let my children do whatever they want to do!"

I just had to smile and laugh, and so did the lady that was shopping next to us. No doubt, Clarissa was frustrated at me because I either told her she needed to stop what she was doing, or we couldn't buy something that she wanted. I can't remember what triggered this comment, but I want her to remember that when she is a mom!




I'm sure I had similar thoughts when I was a child, and always thought I knew better than my parents. It's amazing how when you are an adult/parent yourself, you realize that your parents weren't actually being mean or trying to ruin your life. They are constantly doing what is best for you, even though at times they may make mistakes, they truly are doing everything with love.

I am glad that Clarissa desires to be a mother, and always talks about her children and how she is going to be a wonderful mother. It is so fun to hear her talk about it. Today in the car she said "Mom, I see a humungous house. When I'm an adult I'm going to have a humungous house for all of my kids. I'm going to have hundreds of kids!"

I think it'll be fun for her to read about the things she said when she is a mother, and see if she still feels the same way.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

ellen said...

Have you ever heard this Mark Twain quote?

“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”