
Luckily, Isaac (8 years old), practiced his life saving skills and saved Clayton in the first 5 minutes we had been there. I had just put sun screen on Clayton, and started paying more attention to Clarissa. I had told him not to go in, but what little boy can resist a big pool of water. I hadn't noticed that he climbed in. He was walking along a ledge in the water that had suddenly ended and he fell in. Luckily, Isaac was right there, and knew what to do. He grabbed a hold of Clayton and yelled "I'm saving Clayton". Well, something along those lines, it's kind of a blur now. I was just so grateful that Isaac noticed Clayton go under, and didn't just watch him sink. I don't even want to think about what would have happened if Isaac wasn't right there. For the rest of the day Isaac was known as the hero and the life gaurd. Clarissa thought it was pretty cool that her cousin is a life gaurd!

After that episode, we made sure Clayton had plenty of floaties on, and I was right next to him the rest of the time. It's amazing how quick things can happen in the water.

The kids had a great time jumping off the diving board, pretending to be different animals, and just enjoying some fun swim time with each other. After swimming, we went to Portillo's for lunch to get some delicious hot dogs. This was over a month ago, and I can't remember what else we did, other than having a wonderful time visiting together, and wishing that it didn't have to be so short.

1 comments:
how scary! glad to hear he is ok! That would've traumatized me for sure!
Post a Comment