If I could only convince Clarissa in 5, 10, or 15 years that dishes are as much fun as she thinks they are now. I don't love doing dishes, especially since we don't have a dishwasher, but it does make it more fun when Clarissa helps me, although it takes longer. She washes, rinses, puts the dishes in the rack, pulls them out, rewashes, splashes water everywhere, and tries to climb up on the dishes, (I think she was trying to turn off the water). The only sad part is when all the dishes are clean, Clarissa cried when we were all done. It's fun to have some nice mommy/daughter time and still get some chores down, I'm glad that she is starting to help around the house.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
If only....
If I could only convince Clarissa in 5, 10, or 15 years that dishes are as much fun as she thinks they are now. I don't love doing dishes, especially since we don't have a dishwasher, but it does make it more fun when Clarissa helps me, although it takes longer. She washes, rinses, puts the dishes in the rack, pulls them out, rewashes, splashes water everywhere, and tries to climb up on the dishes, (I think she was trying to turn off the water). The only sad part is when all the dishes are clean, Clarissa cried when we were all done. It's fun to have some nice mommy/daughter time and still get some chores down, I'm glad that she is starting to help around the house.
Posted by Tiffany at 8:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hear you on that - it seems like a lot more work on mommy's end when the toddlers help but it is worth the excitement! I suppose it'll still be a lot of work on mom's end when she still wants help but that toddler grows up and realizes it is no fun anymore...
It would be great if we could keep our same excitement for chores as when we were little. I remember thinking it looked liked so much fun to scrape car windows when I was little, not so much anymore.
I hear ya! Amelia is already starting to catch on that it's "work" although she is easily motivated by small rewards, and she is actually great about straightening her room at night before bed. I got Sadie to carry small piles of clothes from the hamper to the laundry room the other day. She thought it was fun.
Clarissa is such a cute little helper!
Post a Comment