One of my absolute favortie things about this time of year is that strawberries are in season. Not only are they cheaper, but they taste really yummy. Last week I think I bought about 15 pounds of strawberries, if not more. I made 4 batches of strawberry freezer jam, froze some to make smoothies with, and snacked on them.

My favorite thing of all is making a homemade angel food cake served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. If you have never had a homemade angel food cake before, you are missing out. They are a hundred times better than the ones you get at the bakeries in the grocery stores. I hope you are all enjoying strawberry season as much as I am. If anyone else has any yummy recipes using strawberries, let me know.
I just use the recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, here is a link to the online recipe.
My favorite thing of all is making a homemade angel food cake served with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. If you have never had a homemade angel food cake before, you are missing out. They are a hundred times better than the ones you get at the bakeries in the grocery stores. I hope you are all enjoying strawberry season as much as I am. If anyone else has any yummy recipes using strawberries, let me know.
I just use the recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, here is a link to the online recipe.

4 comments:
Yummmmm!
My favorite strawberry recipe:
Cut off leafy green part of strawberry.
Place mouthwatering strawberry in mouth.
Enjoy!
I would be happy to try some of your delicious-looking strawberry dessert if you have extra.
O! I would love it if you would post your angel food cake recipe. That is my favorite summer treat-strawberries also my favorite! I haven't grown any since we moved last year and miss em. Yummy Picture!
Mmmm! I love all of the cheap yummy produce available in the summer! Thanks for the angel food cake inspiration.
Post a Comment