We got some peaches at the farmer's market this week, so I thought it would be fun to make a fresh peach pie, a favorite in Quinn's family.
Even though I knew the process would be longer, I recruited a helper. Clarissa loves to get her stool and help me in the kitchen. She is constantly climbing up and down and moving her stool to wherever I am. I took a few pictures of the different steps and the recipe is at the bottom. First, we had to crush up graham crackers and mix them with the margarine, sugar, and egg white.
I set the pie plate next to Clarissa and even before I could tell her what to do, she started spooning the crumbs right in. Thankfully most of the crust ended up in the pie plate.
The next step is to press the graham crackers into the pie plate. This is easier to do if you don't have a 2 year old continually digging holes, but eventually it got done, and put in the oven.
While the crust is baking, cut up the marshmallows and mix them with the orange juice.
I gave her a couple, and she tried to snatch more as I was measuring them out. She sure is fun to cook with.
As you can tell by Clarissa's outfit change, this pie making process took a lot longer than planned. We had to take a break for dinner, and I got her ready for bed. I decided I wanted to have her help finish before she went to bed so we cut up the peaches and mixed them with the sugar. Again, she loved taste testing the peaches. I guess it's good to have a taste tester test every ingredient to make sure that you are only putting in the best!
We did put Clarissa to bed before we ate the pie, she'll get to try it tonight. Unfortunately we (especially Quinn) were so excited to eat this pie that we forgot to take a picture before we dug in. So here is what was left. If you try making this pie, I sure hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Fresh Peach Pie
Crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup melted margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg white
Mix together and press into a pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Filling:
2 cups sliced fresh ripe peaches*
1/3 cup sugar
Mix the sugar and peaches, and pour into cooled pie crust.
*(we use more if we have them, just because we love the peaches, and it makes a more full pie)
Topping:
1/4 cup orange juice
10 large marshmallows, cut up
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup chopped marachino cherries
1/2 pint whipping cream
Cut up marshmallows and add orange juice, let stand while baking shell. Whip the cream, and add the nuts, cherries, and marshmallow and orange juice mixture. Spoon over peaches and refrigerate for at least an hour or two before serving.

2 comments:
How cute that you two can cook together! My son would destroy my kitchen in one swoop! She's getting so big too, she's adorable!
Yummy! I've never seen peach pie with topping like that on it--it sounds really good. Is it Quinn's family's recipe?
By the way, Tiff you are looking so great and I love your hair! Clarissa's pretty cute too. :)
Post a Comment