Here is an example of how most conversations with Clarissa go:
Clarissa: "Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy..."
Me: "Yes, Clarissa?"
Clarissa: "Shoes" (pointing to her shoes)
Me: "Yep, you are wearing shoes."
Clarissa: ""Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy..."
Me: "Yes, Clarissa?"
Clarissa: (a pause) "Bird" (pointing out the window)
Me: "Do you see a bird?"
Clarissa: "Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy..."
Me: "Yes, Clarissa?"
Clarissa: (a pause) "Mommy" (pointing at Tiffany)
Me: Yep, I see Mommy. She's in the car with us."
Clarissa: "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..."
Tiffany: "Yes, Clarissa?
Clarissa: "Daddy".
Tiffany: Yep, Daddy's in the car with us too."
Clarissa: "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy..."
Me: "Yes, Clarissa?"
Clarissa: "Turtle."
Me: (silence. I don't even know how to respond)
Clarissa: "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy..."
No wonder Tiffany likes to talk to me when I get home at night.
Friday, August 08, 2008
"Good" Conversation
Posted by Quinn at 9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is funny. Lucy shows everyone her shoes even if they don't ask to see them. It is funny what they want to tell you about.
So cute. Soon she'll be talking your ear off!
I was just thinking what Aprilyn said!
Now I am to the point where lots of times when Dave gets home I almost hope he won't talk to me. Not that I don't like him, but I get talked at all day long!!!
Maybe that is why I like blogging. It is silent communication.
She is darn cute though, that Clarissa.
This happens to me too! But mine is finally starting to put some sentences together, boys are so much slower than girls!
hey! Could I get your new address?
Thanks
Post a Comment