I realized yesterday that I haven't spent much time cooking with Clarissa just for fun. She loves to help me in the kitchen, but I feel like I am always in a hurry to get dinner made, and don't cherish the time.
So, I decided that we would make some cookies just for fun yesterday. I have a kids cookbook, so we looked through it and decided on making some pretzel cookies.Even though I know I could make the cookies a lot faster by myself, I decided to let her help with every step. They turned out great despite the fact that Clarissa tried to dump in a bunch of salt, add extra eggs, and toss in a toy into the mixer, luckily she didn't succeed.
As we were making these cookies, she decided that we were making them for friends. So I asked her which friends she wanted to take them too. She named all of her friends, so we had to narrow it down to just a couple. She was so excited to put the cookies on plates for her friends. We delivered them today.
Of course every good cook has to taste their own creation. Needless to say, Clarissa loved making the cookies and especially loved eating them. I loved taking the time to focus on this project with her. I am realizing that she is growing up fast and that I'm going to miss out on some special memories if I don't take the time to do activities like this.

6 comments:
What a fun project! I'm glad you and Clarissa had so much fun together.
I really like the cookie Clarissa shaped by herself. ;)
She looks so much older in that last picture. She is growing up. Thanks for posting this. I'm going to make cookies with Marshall today!!
Glad you guys kept busy while Quinn was gone.
Wow, waht a fun idea. I'll have to remember that one. I'm impressed for 3 reasons -- 1) you took the time to do it 2) Clarissa wanted to share them 3) she's already a RS girl - making cookies to bring to people. What a good little Mormon she is. :)
Oh we feel so lucky she thought of us and we loved them! Well, we as in Aedan ate his and his daddy's and half of mine...
What a fun activity. Those cookies look really yummy.
Post a Comment