Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Beg to Differ!!!


This morning I was talking to Clarissa about how her Daddy goes to school/work. He was busy last night and this morning doing a lot of preparation for a couple of meetings. I don't know what a little kid understands about where there daddy is all day long. So I was explaining to her that Quinn goes to work everyday and he works really hard to earn money so that we have a house to live in, food to eat, and clothes to wear.

After that conversation this morning, she has told me and Quinn several times today that "Daddy goes to work and he works really hard." We dropped Quinn off at work this morning. After he got out of the car, she continued to talk about how hard daddy works. She contemplated for a minute and then said "Mommy's DON'T work really hard".

I guess in her little mind she figured out that since I stay at home and don't go into work like Quinn, I must not work really hard. I quickly corrected that statement and told her that "yes, Mommy's work very hard taking care of their kids". Then she told me "Clarissa and Clayton don't work really hard." I guess there has to be someone that doesn't work really hard!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brittney Richards said...

Wouldn't it be nice sometimes to not have to work really hard.
She is beginning to understand in her own little way.

Lant Family said...

That is cute--her hair is so long and pretty.

Kristin said...

Way to set the record straight on that one!

She is SUCH a cute little girl.

Britt said...

Funny girl!! It was so fun to see you guys!!

The 3 Nomads said...

That's awesome! I can say for sure that you do work very hard :) I love how little kid's heads work so hard to figure things out.

Tom said...

That's so adorable!