Thursday, August 13, 2009

3 Years Already???

I'd like to start off this post by saying, sorry for no pictures, but my computer still won't do pictures, and I rarely have a minute to be on Quinn's computer. But, at least I am posting. We were out of town for a couple of weeks in July, and I just haven't found the time to post anything. But since I am using this blog as my journal so I remember what we have done, I figured I better post something.


We have now been at graduate school for 3 years, I can't believe how time flies. Three years ago at the beginning of this month, we rolled into town with a truck full of stuff, a 6 week old baby, no friends, and a long 5 1/2 year road of school ahead of us. I can't believe that we now have even more stuff, a 3 year old, a 9 month old, many wonderful friends, and 3 years down of school.

The reason I am posting this is because some of our very best friends, Heidi and Matt moved this last week. Matt just completed a 3 year Master's degree and got a job in Tennessee.

We both happened to move in the same weekend and met in church that Sunday. I met Heidi in Relief Society. She must have noticed this poor girl with her arms full of a diaper bag, a car seat, a new baby, and a clueless look on her face. She offered to help me, and so we just started talking and realized we were both new in town for our husband's to go to school. As we were leaving church, I just decided to invite them over for dinner. Our house was still in boxes, but we did have a little food, Quinn's mom went shopping for us the day before, so we had a roast and potatoes in the crock pot, but nothing else to eat. (While we were on our way home, I remember telling Quinn that I probably shouldn't have invited them because we didn't have much to eat, and our house was a mess, and who knew if they would like us, but I couldn't really uninvite them.)

Anyway's, they came over, we had a decent dinner, and we have been great friends ever since. I am so grateful that I randomly invited them over that Sunday, because who knows what would have happened if I didn't. They absolutely adore Clarissa, and she loves them even more. When I told Clarissa last week that they were moving, after I explained to her that it wasn't to our house, she got really sad, and almost started to cry. And just told me "I want my Heidi and Matt!". I know she really misses them. I'm sad they won't be around to see Clayton grow up, especially since he gave Heidi the best birthday present last year and was born on her birthday.

It was pretty sad to say goodbye to them, but I know that they are also excited to move onto a new phase of their life.

Thanks for being such great friends Heidi and Matt, we will all miss you, and hope that you will come visit soon.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You made me cry all over again! =)
I miss you guys more than I can really say! See you next month, I'm counting down already.

kyle said...

hey, i haven't seen you guys in a long time!