Friday, November 06, 2009

Clayton's Birthday Cake


For Clayton's birthday cake, I made him the Baby Einstein Caterpillar. It was fun to have such bright colors. The purple and blue look pretty similar in these pictures, but they were very striking colors.

Clayton was very excited to dig into his cake. This was his first time of having cake and ice cream. We chose to give him the yellow piece since it was the least staining, just imagine all of these pictures in one of the other colors. I think we made the right choice. He loved the cake and ice cream, except the ice cream was a little cold. It made him cry every time he tried to pick it up, but yet, he kept trying since he really seemed to like it. So I finally fed him some with a spoon.

I know I have a ton of pictures, but it was really fun to look through them and see the progression of him starting off clean and how messy he got. There were also a few that he had some pretty funny faces in that I couldn't resist.

















It was a lot of fun to celebrate a birthday with this little guy. He is a joy to have in our family, he is such a sweet little boy. We love you Clayton!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

steve and jessica said...

I love the step by step pictures. That cake is so creative!

Becca said...

so fun. He looks like he really enjoyed it. What a cute kid. Love the cake.

jennybhill said...

Tiffany,
The cake turned out great! Cute. I love the progress of pictures -- that first one of him with his piece is great -- "are you really giving me this? all of this? what is it? Yum!"

Kristin said...

Seriously, how could he be one?!?

So cute.