I know it's only June, but Clarissa is already thinking about Halloween costumes. The other night at dinner Clarissa looked at me and said "Mom, we need to go to the costume store and get a pancreas costume for you to wear for Halloween"
Obviously we have been thinking and talking about diabetes a lot recently, I'm still puzzled as to why she thinks a pancreas would be a good costume. I asked her if she wanted to be a pancreas, but she insisted that I need to be. Also, several times throughout the day I see her pretending to give Clayton "shots" and telling him that he has diabetes. He's a pretty good patient. On that note, Clarissa is getting really brave with her shots, and doesn't fight it as much anymore.
As soon as I can get the pictures on my computer, I will post about her 4th birthday.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Clarissa Explains it All!
Posted by Tiffany at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I honestly can't stop laughing!! That is hilarious!!!!
Tiff you are an excellent seamstress so I know you can come up with a pancreas costume. Happy birthday Clarissa
Where would you begin to find good pancreas material? I am glad that she has found the "fun" in her situation. Can't wait to see the b-day pictures
Pancreas, I love it. She is so sweet, I love how resilient kids are when they have to be. Keep up the good work mama, and keep your head up! I think it's going to get easier for all of you, and maybe just maybe, if you are good you can be a pancreas for Halloween.
Post a Comment