Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Visitors from Philly

The weekend of May 8th, our good friends, David, Bethany, Gig, and Madeline came to visit us for a few days. We are such good friends, and unfortunately they live in Pennsylvania, but lucky for us they still have family in the area so they come visit occasionally.



Gigi and Clarissa are such good friends and absolutely love playing together. They hadn't played with each other for a year, but they started playing just like they did when they lived close to each other. Their personalities are so similar, they both especially love to imagine things, which makes for fun times.


This is the only picture I got of Madeline. It's probably because Clayton and Madeline didn't play so well together. They mainly stole toys from each other, and Clayton followed her around poking her. Maybe they will play better the next time we get together.


The same weekend they came to visit, our toddler bed was returned by our friends that had been borrowing it the past year. It made for a crowded living room, but was the perfect hospital bed for these girls. My favorite part of their doctors check ups was the flamingo sunglasses.


My favorite part of their visit was that we had a babysitter come over one night after all the kids were in bed, and we got to go to dinner together. I don't know if Quinn and I have ever gone out to dinner with another couple without children (since we have had them.) I have not enjoyed eating out that much in a long time. We actually got to eat our food when it first came and didn't have to worry about screaming children, cutting food, food being thrown on the floor, drinks spilled, etc. We had such a fun time, and can't wait until we can see them again.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

David said...

You didn't mention that you gave up your bed for a week. I still feel embarrassed that we were sleeping on your bed while you crashed down stairs.

The trip to Chevy's was good, but I preferred the sat-on chocolates we ate off your couch later :)

TOVAR said...

Not that any of us would trade children for such things, but going out as adults does feel fantastic. Fernando and I just barely had a similar experience and relished every moment.

The 3 Nomads said...

Wow! Thank you SO much for having us!!! We had such a perfect time with you guys. I agree about the date night. That was tons of fun. Thanks for getting a babysitter Quinn :) Gigi had such a fantastic time with Clarissa. She often talks about her. Hopefully Madeline and Clayton's next playdate will go a bit smoother :)