Our friends, Tom and Becca, both have birthdays this month, so they had a party last night to celebrate both of them. I offered to make a cake for them. Becca teaches Chemistry, and Tom is finishing up his PhD in Chemistry. So I thought it would be fun to do the Period Table of elements.
I thought about doing a sheet cake with the periodic table, but that didn't seem like as much fun. So, I made 118 cupcakes, and color coded them into their different groups. I even made 5 different kinds of cake to give a little variety.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the cake, there were several "chemists" in attendance, and they enjoyed creating equations and eating their favorite elements. Arsenic was one of the first ones to get eaten, because when would anyone ever have a chance to eat arsenic and live to tell about it!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM AND BECCA!!!
8 comments:
ha! I love it!
That is amazing!!! you are so clever!
oh my GOODNESS!!!! AWESOME!!
That is so creative! I love it!
Tiffany I love it. You are so great. I don't know how you found the time with a new baby, but you are amazing.
one word.... WOW! Your incredible :) LOVE IT!!! I just finished frosting Madeline's birthday cake and thought of you the whole time :)
WoW! Tiffany that is incredible. Excellent job. It probably helped you brush up on the periodic table of elements yourself. Oh the patience to frost that many cupcakes. I don't mind making cupcakes, but I get bored of frosting them after 2. Besides Bruce is much better at frosting cupcakes than me. Impressive!!
You are a master cake maker! What a fabulous idea. I wonder if it took you a long time to get all those different frosting colors down. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, little Sarah! We loved the announcement, so happy for you all.
Post a Comment