Who would have thought that a hair could cause so much trouble!
Last night I was making dinner, and Sarah was sitting in her swing. She was a little fussy, so I went to pick her up and hold her for a minute. I noticed that one of her toes looked a little strange, so I took a closer look. It looked like something was wrapped around it and it was a little red. I figured out that it was a hair, but I could get it off, and in the process, I made it bleed a little. I decided I better take her to convenient care since I couldn't get a hold of Quinn. I finally got through to him, and we met him in his parking lot, and he took one look and decided we should take her in.
Four Doctors and Nurses helped us at the convenient care and focused on her, and even kicked someone out of a room so they could help our little Sarah. They got some of the hair off, but were not confident that they got it all, so they sent us to the Emergency Room.
Since the other kids were starving, I took them off, and Quinn headed off to the ER with Sarah. They gave her a shot to help numb her foot, which she didn't like at all, of course. Quinn said he doesn't think the numbing really worked since she still screamed the whole time they worked on her foot. They got some more hair out, and thought they got it all, so they sent her home.
This morning it still looks exactly the same, and the swelling does not seem to have gone down. Her toe is about twice the normal size. We have a follow up appointment with our pediatrician today, so hopefully they be able to tell us wether or not it infected, or if there is still some hair around the toe. Hopefully it'll get better soon. Apparently this is not all that strange of a thing to happen, however, I had never heard of it before.

Sorry for the bloody picture of her toe, but it was hard to get it completely cleaned up. Plus, it's a little fuzzy, but she kept kicking her feet.
Last night I was making dinner, and Sarah was sitting in her swing. She was a little fussy, so I went to pick her up and hold her for a minute. I noticed that one of her toes looked a little strange, so I took a closer look. It looked like something was wrapped around it and it was a little red. I figured out that it was a hair, but I could get it off, and in the process, I made it bleed a little. I decided I better take her to convenient care since I couldn't get a hold of Quinn. I finally got through to him, and we met him in his parking lot, and he took one look and decided we should take her in.
Four Doctors and Nurses helped us at the convenient care and focused on her, and even kicked someone out of a room so they could help our little Sarah. They got some of the hair off, but were not confident that they got it all, so they sent us to the Emergency Room.
Since the other kids were starving, I took them off, and Quinn headed off to the ER with Sarah. They gave her a shot to help numb her foot, which she didn't like at all, of course. Quinn said he doesn't think the numbing really worked since she still screamed the whole time they worked on her foot. They got some more hair out, and thought they got it all, so they sent her home.
This morning it still looks exactly the same, and the swelling does not seem to have gone down. Her toe is about twice the normal size. We have a follow up appointment with our pediatrician today, so hopefully they be able to tell us wether or not it infected, or if there is still some hair around the toe. Hopefully it'll get better soon. Apparently this is not all that strange of a thing to happen, however, I had never heard of it before.
Sorry for the bloody picture of her toe, but it was hard to get it completely cleaned up. Plus, it's a little fuzzy, but she kept kicking her feet.

7 comments:
Oh my word! I have never heard of such a thing! The hair just got so tightly wrapped around her toe? Wow. I am so sorry - I hope this all continues to heal.
Poor thing! Let us know how she's doing after you go to the doctor. I have heard of that happening before. :(
That is so crazy, so it was one of your hairs that just got wrapped around her toe? She is still supper cute. Hope she feels better soon!
Glad our prayers are being answered.
Um scary! You are my second friend in a few months who had this happen. I never realized how dangerous hairs could be. Hope everything is going better now.
Poor girl. I hope she gets feeling better soon. I can't believe that happened.
How sad! I hope it all gets better soon. Poor thing!
Post a Comment