Quinn plays the guitar, and his guitar case had seen better days, so we decided it was time to get a new one. As you can see in the picture, the case was totally falling a part, and not protecting the guitar very well. But it wasn't sad to say goodbye to the case, we were very happy to see it go and to get a new one. The sad part came the next day, but first, the happiness that came before it...
The guitar case came in a giant box, which the kids loved playing with, and some wonderful packing paper that made fantastic dresses!
These two pictures were taken right before I dragged the box out to the dumpster. These were genuinely sad faces, I didn't realize how sad they were until I pulled up these pictures. It was their playhouse, their stage, a house for their toys, and many other things. It's amazing how a box can provide so much entertainment. The only way I was able to drag it out to the dumpster, without too many tears, was the promise that we would be having plenty more boxes in the house over the next two months as we prepare to move.

2 comments:
So sad. Boxes are the greatest entertainment ever for kids! They really bring out the creativeness in them. The one nice thing is that they're not expensive and can be replaced by new and different ones.
Well, I was all prepared for the story to end that the new case wasn't sturdy enough and that the guitar got broken and had to be trashed. So glad it was only the box.
Post a Comment