Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Quinn's Defense

I know I'm behind on blogging, but what else is new? We have had a crazy month. We moved to Boston a month ago, and have been trying to get settled. I'll try to post what we have been up to, especially the big event that is happening this coming Thursday, Clarissa starts Kindergarten!

For starters, here are some pictures of Quinn's defense, and his "graduation".


Just before Quinn defended. In case you haven't heard, he did awesome and passed!



Clarissa made this yellow "graduation" necklace for Quinn in her preschool class back in April. It wasn't an actual project that the class did, Clarissa just made it one day with some scraps from another art project. She excitedly brought it home and told Quinn it was for his graduation day. It had been hanging on our bulletin board since then. When Quinn got home from defending, he told Clarissa there was something special he had to do. He asked her to put his "graduation" necklace on him. She was so excited, and I'm glad Quinn remembered, it was so special for her to have him wear it. Even though that day wasn't Quinn's real graduation, it worked for her, and we didn't want to worry about having to keep it around until he walks next April.





Quinn's lab always celebrates with treats on the day they defend, so he requested that I make a periodic table of cupcakes like I did in February for our friends Tom and Becca. I only made 110 this time, instead of 116, I got tired of baking cupcakes. Plus, this was all done in a kitchen that had mostly been packed up, I had to borrow a bunch of stuff. It was fun to do again, and luckily Quinn helped me write the numbers on them. Unfortunately the heat got to some of them and melted the frosting, and they didn't look very appetizing.




That night Quinn's professor took his lab out to Papa Del's for pizza to celebrate. We had a lot of fun, and were grateful to celebrate such a special day with everyone he worked with. Since Quinn's parents live in Chicago, they were able to come down for the day, which was so wonderful to be able to share it with them. We really enjoyed living so close to them for the last 5 years, and that was one of the hardest parts about moving so far away, we will miss seeing them regularly.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

TOVAR said...

Congrats! That is really amazing to pass. Good job. I love the periodic table of cupcakes and I am quite impressed you made all of those with a packed up kitchen.

ellen said...

Paging Dr. Peterson! Paging Dr. Peterson!!

Lant Family said...

congratulations, I love all the cupcakes!

Jackie said...

Yay! Now we can call you Dr Quinn! Ha! Congrats!