Thursday, November 03, 2011

Clayton is Three!


At 2:06 a.m. today Clayton turned 3! We waited until he woke up to celebrate and wish him a Happy Birthday. He has been looking forward to his birthday, his cake, and his party for a very long time. I'm glad the day finally arrived, I was tired of telling him that it wasn't his birthday just about every day.



We started the morning off with breakfast in bed. In Clayton's case, breakfast on the floor. Lately he has not been wanting to sleep in his bed, he just camps out on the floor every night. This made it a lot easier to sit by him. He had fun eating breakfast and opening his presents. He had so much fun playing with his new toys that it took him forever to eat. We tried to move him into the kitchen to eat, but he wanted to stay in his room. (When I was getting lunch ready, I told him to get up to the table, but he ran into his room. I went to get him, and he told me he wanted to eat in his room. I was afraid we had started a bad habit with him, but I did get him to come in and eat lunch. Luckily he didn't try that for dinner too.) He gladly shared his breakfast with Clarissa, but he didn't give her the first bite like she has with him on her birthdays. I try to make them their favorite breakfast on their birthdays, so, he got scrambled eggs, and hot chocolate. I was going to make pancakes too, but we were running short on time before we had to get Clarissa to school, so he got a Nutri-grain bar instead, maybe next year!




He was so excited for his train cake. I was going to wait until his party to show it to him, but he really wanted to see it. He loved it, and had fun putting more of his Diego's and animals on it. He and Clarissa had a lot of fun just looking at it. I was glad I didn't wait to show him, he was able to enjoy it a lot more. I wasn't very happy with how it turned out, but he loved it, and that's what matters. Unfortunately, the engine fell apart, I need to come up with a better design.





I had set the candles on the table next to the cake so they would be ready for the party. Clayton decided to put them in for me. According to the candles, he turned 10 this year. Luckily I didn't leave the lighter on the table, otherwise, knowing him, he would have figured out how to light them.


We had Uncle Randy and his kids over for cake, unfortunately Aunt Judianne couldn't make it.



I love Clayton's smile in this picture, he was just so excited.





He blew out all of the candles, but not in one breath. He also started to get a little slobbery toward the end, so we made sure he got the piece.



Enjoying the cake and ice cream!

Thanks to everyone who helped Clayton have a wonderful birthday. He is so excited to be 3. He tells me that since he is 3 now he will get potty trained, but I'm not going to hold my breath!

I can't believe our little guy is 3 already. He drives us crazy, but we are crazy about him. He brings so much joy and laughter into our home. It'll be fun to see what this next year brings!

Happy Birthday Buddy!

p.s. Happy Birthday to Q's sister Heidi, and our friend Heidi. We are happy that Clayton shares his birthday with you gals.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Awesome! Love the cake! You are such a fun mom to do all these special things for him! Happy birthday buddy! We miss you!

Aprilyn said...

The cake looks awesome! I know what it's like to have a VERY busy boy in the house. You are a great Mom.