Monday, April 02, 2012

Daddy Daughter Dance

This morning I was planning on posting our April Fool's pictures, but as I was loading the pictures onto my computer, I realized I have several other things I wanted to post too. So, I'm going to start at the beginning of them and work my way through them. I really should be cleaning my house instead, but this is a lot more fun.

When we lived in Illinois oure Rec Center of our little town put on a Daddy Daughter Dance every February, just before Valentine's Day. Quinn first took Clarissa when she was 2 1/2 and she loved it. They went every year after that, and Clarissa would look forward to her special date with Daddy. When we told Clarissa we would be moving to Boston, one of the very first things she asked was "do they have a Daddy Daugther Dance there?" 

Quinn, not being the one to dissapoint his little princess, decided to organize a dance just for her. We invited the Dad's in our ward and the ward that Quinn's brother lives in. We were very surprised in a lot of ways at the great response we got. We were hoping to have at least 20-30 people there, and thought that would be a lot of fun. As the days kept getting closer to the dance, the count kept going up and up, first 20, then 30, then 50, and it kept going. We didn't do an official count that night, but I think we had around 80 people, maybe a few more.



Clarissa helped plan a lot of the stuff with Quinn. At one point she told me my job was to make a cake and that her and Daddy would do the rest. So, this was the cake, I made heart chocolates, and it was a white cake with raspberry filling. We also had a lot of people help bring other food, which was great. 


I didn't take great pictures with my camera, since I was busy making sure the punch bowl was filled, cake was cut, and other treats didn't run out.

I loved watching Quinn and Clarissa dance, it was so sweet. Clarissa loved the slow songs where she could cuddle with her Dad.

Quinn went all out, and made sure it was a wonderful evening. He had plenty of fun music, including the twist, YMCA, and of course the limbo!  He also decorated the gym, had a photo booth where everyone could get a picture, a craft to make a valentine card, goodie bags, and of course a balloon drop (which was by far the most anticipated event of the evening!)  (you can see part of the balloon drop at the top of this picture).

It really was a fun evening, and I was glad Quinn planned it, that way I had an excuse to go. I think everyone loved it, and is hoping there will be another one next year. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Amber said...

Wow! What a ton of work for you two but what a wonderful night! Would you like to come to Las Vegas and do one for us next year?!

Also, your kids are positively adorable! I've been thinking of you guys lately and I hope that all is well and happy!