Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sarah's Birthday Cake





To continue on with the teddy bear theme, I made a teddy bear cake. The box that the pan came in had some decorated suggestions, and Clarissa insisted that we do the one with a diaper on it. So, here it is.




I was happy with how it turned out, and it actually made it easier to do the diaper. I already had some white fondant, so I didn't have to make more, and it saved a lot of time since I didn't have to do stars where the diaper was.
 
 


I didn't get any good pictures of our party guests, but we invited Quinn's brother and his family over, as well as our upstairs neighbors. I've decided that fun decorated cakes, don't always taste the most delicious, so I also had some cupcakes that I decorated with a whip cream frosting and gummy bears, so much tastier!


At first Sarah hardly touched her cake, but then she face planted in it, she really enjoyed it.


Opening presents, and of course she had plenty of help opening them, and playing with them.

The other highlight of the party was that Clarissa was in charge of games, self-appointed.  We played don't eat Pete with gummy bears, a hide the bear under a paper cup game and guess the color, and guess how many gummy bears are in the jar.  Clarissa had so much fun on Sarah's birthday and loved being in charge of and playing the games with friends and cousins.

We are so happy that Sarah is in our family, she lights up our home with her smile and giggles every day. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

TOVAR said...

WOW! That bear cake was incredible. Go you!