Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Fall Leaves

I know this is old, but I've got to start somewhere to catch up. As I was looking through pictures, I found these, and was reminded of the fun time we had playing in the leaves this day.

We were on our way home from somewhere, and Clarissa wanted to play in the leaves. I told her that she could walk through them on the way in, but it was time to go inside. She ran through them, and just loved it, and asked again to play in them. I decided that we really didn't need to rush inside for anything, so we took a few minutes and played in the leaves together.



Clayton wasn't so sure at first about the leaves.








It was fun to see this picture, because this is a typical thing that Clarissa does. She loves to hug him, and he's never sure of it. Sometimes she can smother him, but I know she loves him.



Clarissa loved to lay down in the leaves and be buried.



I love this picture of them looking at the leaves together. It's fun when they play nicely together.

I was glad that I took the time that day to slow down and let my kids just have fun in the leaves. Looking at these pictures reminds me that I need to do things like this more often. I always find myself rushing onto the next thing, and not enjoying the little moments with them. Hopefully this new year I can take more opportunities to slow down and enjoy my kids while they are young. I know that all I have to do is blink and they will be grown.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This reminds me of the time that we stopped to play in the leaves at BYU - fun times!

Judy said...

Boy I have cute grand kids!